TAKING LIMITED BOOKINGS NOW for 2022 and 2023
Have you ever thought of having your special day on a flower farm? Our venue on the farm is a rustic, scenic space with river and mountain views, plus the flower fields and heritage buildings also make excellent backdrops for your photos. And best of all, the hummingbirds are free!
Weddings are a major focus for us here at Hummingbird Farm. We love weddings, and from the very beginning we have strived to offer a wonderful space for anyone and everyone to have their big day! We are an inclusive venue that values and celebrates diversity. We are LGBTQIA2S+ and BIPOC friendly, and we love to collaborate to make your day the best it can possibly be.
Between the May and September long weekends, you can book our private event space for your ceremony and reception. We can accommodate up to 70 guests for ceremonies and receptions, including florals!
Features of the farm for your wedding
- 35 minutes from Nelson or Castlegar
- 24′ yurt, with queen-sized four-poster bed and one double futon (fresh linens available)
- Private tenting area for your guests on site (max. 20 guests, no RVs)
- 2 plus acres of cut flower fields (yes, we do wedding flowers too!)
- Riverfront with private beach (seasonal) and canoe launch
- Amazing views up the river to the north and towards Frog Peak to the south
- Heritage buildings make great backdrops for your wedding photos
- Open, sunny event space is secluded and private, surrounded by trees and river
- New outhouse and shower room, hand-wash station, plus additional porta potties for larger groups
- Central fire pit
- 800 square foot deck
- 2 clean flush toilets!
- Ample parking away from and limited accessible parking near event space
- A commercial kitchen which can be rented for you or your caterer’s use
- Have all your wedding flowers handled on site at the farm for you!
- Reception tents, beautiful fir tables and benches, chairs, etc.
Our private event space is also suitable for family reunions, graduation parties, stag or stagette parties, and retreats or workshops.
Please feel free to contact us for further details, prices, and customization requests.