How would you like your big day on a flower farm? Hummingbirds included for free!
TAKING VERY LIMITED BOOKINGS NOW FOR THE 2019 AND 2020 SEASONS!
Looking for an outdoor wedding venue? Our private event space on the Farm is a rustic scenic space with river and mountain view’s for both your ceremony as well as your reception. A 24′ yurt can provide your weekend accommodation and a camping area can accommodate up to an additional 25 guests! The space has seating for up to 60 guests for both ceremony and reception. The space can hold up to 140 guests, but additional seating will need to be rented.
Suitable for weddings, but also family reunions, graduation parties, stag or stagette parties, retreats or workshops!
The ceremony site overlooks the river and includes a beautiful arch and flowering planters, and can be dressed with additional flowers and greenery (see wedding flower page). Sorry no photo available at this time. The flower fields and heritage buildings also make excellent back drops for your photos.
Included in the price!
- Lovely cedar tables and benches can be used to sit up to 60 guests for both the ceremony and for the reception.
- The yurt deck space is aprox 800 square feet and has additional comfortable seating, and beautiful flowering planters.
- Audio system, just plug in your phone with your playlist on it!
- As of January 2019, we are investigating options for wedding canopies to provide shade and rain protection. Ask us for more details~
Features of the Farm for your wedding;
- 35 minutes from Nelson or Castlegar
- 1 plus acres of cut flower fields (yes we do wedding flowers too)
- River front with private beach (seasonal) and canoe launch
- Amazing views up the river to the north and towards Frog peak to the south
- Heritage buildings make great back drops for your wedding photos
- Open sunny event space is secluded and private, surrounded by trees and river
- Private camping area for your guests on site
- 24′ yurt, with queen sized four poster bed and one double futon
- New outhouse and shower room
- 800 square foot deck
- Ample parking away from and limited parking near event space
- A commercial kitchen that offers catering, or can be rented for your or your caterer’s use (in main house basement).
- Have all your wedding flowers handled on site at the farm for you!
Want to add on Food and Flowers?
See our on farm catering page
See our wedding flower page
You can utilize the farm and our event space for your wedding in a number of different ways, and we are happy to customize your experience.
Engagement photos – free
spend up to 2 hours on the farm for your perfect engagement photo session! Pre booking required please.
Wedding photos – starting at $100
Spend up to 2 hours at the farm with your wedding party and your photographer. Enjoy access to the flower fields, riverfront and heritage buildings as back drop for you photos.
Ceremony and photos – starting at $400
Spend 2 hours at the farm enjoying access to the event space for your ceremony and the rest of the farm for photos. Ceremony seating for up to 60 guests and ceremony arch included.
Ceremony, photos, and reception – starting at $900
Access to the event venue from 10 am – 11 pm. You choose the location for your ceremony, and have access to the farm for photos. On site seating for up to 60 guests for both ceremony and the reception. (including wedding party, but more can be rented).
Full exclusive access to the event space and yurt for the weekend! Starting at $1500
Perfect for a get away wedding, or family reunion! Arrive on Friday evening, and use this time for an evening reception or wedding rehearsal. You or your guests can spend Friday and Saturday night in the yurt. Sleeps 4. Get exclusive access to a private tenting area, up to 10 additional guests can stay here no charge for two nights. Additional guests up to 25 can be accommodated for an additional fee of $10 each per night.
Hold your ceremony and reception (see our catering options here!) anytime you like on Saturday and have your photos taken. After your ceremony and photos, before or after your reception, your guests can enjoy the beach, a bonfire or you could go all out for a live band and dance!
Pathways are lit with solar lighting.
As of January 2019, we are investigating options for wedding canopies to provide shade and rain protection. Ask us for more details~
You may bring your own caterer or we can cater for you. For more information about on farm catering, please see the hummingbird farm catering page here.
You require a liquor license (if serving liquor), and this must be purchased in advance of the event. Please see here for more information. You will need to supply all liquor desired, we have no corkage or other fees.
The campground is separated from but very close to the ceremony and reception area and includes a shower room, hand wash station, outhouse and a central fire pit. Up to 25 tents can be accommodated in the area. (Tents not included. As of January 2019 we are investigating options to provide glamping tents for an additional fee – if you are interested in this option, please contact us!) Tents in photos were provided by Wild Havens https://www.wildhavens.ca/
You will be responsible for set up and clean up, or we can organize this for you for a fee.
Ready to chat about how we can design your perfect day or weekend?
Contact us for more information.