How to Care for that Great Fresh Bunch of Flowers
1. Wash your vase well and add a 1/2 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (a very natural safe way to disinfect), a tsp of lemon juice and tsp of sugar. Fill the vase 1/2 full with warm water.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the flowers to fit your vase, and leave the stems as long as you can as you will soon need cut them again! Place them in the water and be careful to make sure that only the stems, and not the leaves, are in the water. Add more water if need be.
3. Repeat the above two steps every third day, removing or trimming off spent flowers.
4. Keep out of direct sunlight.
5. Keep as cool as you can…. 10 degrees is perfect. If you have a cool room to place them in at night, great!