Virus update! Please see details on the Contact Us page
Come by our farm stand!
4380 Slocan River Road, Winlaw, BC –
We are south of Winlaw, about 30 minutes
From Nelson or Castlegar
PLEASE BRING CASH OR CHECK!
Thursday and Friday 1 to 6
Saturday and Sunday 10 – 6
You can also find our flowers often at….
- Wednesday Nelson farmers market (Canceled in 2020)
- Kootenay CO-OP in Nelson (delivery Thursdays and Sundays, they sell out quick!)
- Kootenay Market in Castlegar (delivery Thursday, they sell out quick!)
Check Shop page to purchase and have your flowers delivered, including monthly subscriptions!
Delivery locations available – City of Nelson, City of Castlegar or the Slocan Valley from the farm to Playmore Junction, and points between Nelson and Castlegar on the highway. Max 1 Km off highway for delivery without surcharge.
How to care for that great fresh bunch!
1. Wash your vase well and add a 1/2 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (a very natural safe way to disinfect), a tsp of lemon juice and tsp of sugar. Fill vase with 1/2 full with warm water.
2. Re cut the flowers to fit your vase using sharp knife, and leave the stems as you can, as you will cut them again! Make sure you have stems only in the water, no leaves. Add more water if need be.
3. Repeat the above two steps every third day, removing any spent flowers or trimming off spent flowers.
4. Keep out of direct sunlight.
5. Keep as cool as you can…. 10 degrees is perfect. If you have a cool room to place them in at night, great!