When will we have flowers? End of April!
Flower Subscriptions for 2020
Now open. Order your flower subscription for 2020. Makes a perfect gift, or you could split with a friend or better yet get one for yourself. We always make our subscription bouquets first! You will get the most rare and unique stems in big stuffed bouquets!
May 2020 – 5 weeks – $85
June 2020 – 4 weeks – $68
July* 2020 – 5 weeks – $85
August* 2020 – 4 weeks – $68
September* 2020 – 4 weeks -$68
Price (plus tax) includes delivery usually on Friday.
* Pick up at the Nelson Farmers market on Wednesday and receive a $2 per week discount on your subscription! Available July, August and September only. This option now closed due to the current situation
Although each month has feature flowers ranging from tulips to peony, iris, daisy, zinnia, lily, dahlia, gladiolus, sunflowers, and many more each bunch will be a beautiful mix!
Delivery locations available – City of Nelson, City of Castlegar or the Slocan Valley from the farm to Playmore Junction, and points between Nelson and Castlegar on the highway. Max 1 Km off highway for delivery without surcharge.
Please either call 250-226-6996 or email (form below) to order your subscription.
ASK about adding on strawberry or raspberry delivery with your order!
Complicated life…? can’t commit to a subscription?
In season (mid April to early October) you can find our flowers at..
- Our farm stand! 4380 Slocan river road Hours;
- Thursday and Friday 1 to 6
- Saturday and Sunday 10 – 6
- Wednesday Nelson farmers market (Canceled in 2020)
- Kootenay CO-OP in Nelson
- Kootenay Market in Castlegar
We can often do a custom local delivery for a special event or person, give us a call and lets see what we can do!
What about a gift certificate?
Yes we can do that! You pick the price we do the rest, give us a call!
Out of season we offer many options for Christmas arrangements and swags and wreaths, and our famous paper pots of flowers all winter long! ask for details of what and where if you are interested in this option!
How to care for that great fresh bunch!
1. Wash your vase well and add a 1/2 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (a very natural safe way to disinfect), a tsp of lemon juice and tsp of sugar. Fill vase with 1/2 full with warm water.
2. Re cut the flowers to fit your vase using sharp knife, and leave the stems as you can, as you will cut them again! Make sure you have stems only in the water, no leaves. Add more water if need be.
3. Repeat the above two steps every third day, removing any spent flowers or trimming off spent flowers.
4. Keep out of direct sunlight.
5. Keep as cool as you can…. 10 degrees is perfect. If you have a cool room to place them in at night, great!